History

5882049

History 1917 - Present
 

Farmers, lumberjacks, railroad men, miners were the first people to show up in Randall, all the way back to the 1890’s.  The first school opened in 1893, along with St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, established in 1896, and St. James Church, established in 1896.  In 1917, Henry Bermel opened Bermel’s Shoes.

Later, after World War II, Henry’s son Rich ran the store until 1975 when Tom and Carolyn Koenig purchased the store.  Tom and Carolyn ran the store from 1975 to 2005.  In 2005, their son Tim purchased the store and has ran it with his wife, Sandy, until the present time.